- Published: Tuesday, 17 May 2016 16:02
May 16, 2016: For immediate release
Chesapeake Wine Trail Pavilion hosts new wineries at the 2016 Chestertown Tea Party Festival
This year the Tea Party continues the success of hosting artisan wine tastings. Six Chesapeake Wine Trail Wineries will be offering new releases and premium tastings at the festival 10 am to 5 pm Saturday May 28th. The wineries running north to south on the Chesapeake Wine Trail include Dove Valley Winery, Crow Vineyard & Winery, Salisa Winery, The Vineyards at Dogwood, Clovelly Vineyards and Triple Creek Winery.
“The Wine Trail Pavilion at Tea Party is a great branding forum for wineries on the trail that are centered near Chestertown…” says Lotte Bowie manager of the shorevines Experience Chesapeake Wine Country initiative. Not only do the wineries collectively express that wine country has arrived here on the shore, the special venue provides them with a conversational platform to talk about their wines to those who want to know about and try the best of local and artisan.” Next year we hope to have even more wineries here at the Chesapeake Wine Trail Pavilion as the wine industry is growing with more players on the eastern shore.” This year the pavilion will include a large tent positioned riverside on the back lawn of the Washington College Custom, offering shade for wine tastings and a place to pit stop from the crowds at Tea Party. As well a large display and map of the Chesapeake Wine Trail sponsored by the Upper Shore Regional Council will be featured in the tent with information on the 16 winery trail a program of Maryland Wine.
Some wines and information to look forward to with your visit to the Chesapeake Wine Trail Pavilion will be:
- Dove Valley Winery - This Rising Sun winery at the top of the bay holds events almost every weekend; learn about their new Brewery expansion to come later this year.
- Crow Vineyard & Winery - This vineyard and winery on an authentic working farm has become the model for successful farm diversification and winery excellence on the shore. Their newly released Unoaked Chardonnay will be spotlighted.
- Salisa Winery - An Italian heritage guides wines of character produced from grapes in their backyard vineyard created by the Lisa and Sal Grande.
- The Vineyards at Dogwood - This new boutique winery is making its debut at Tea Party presenting varietals Cayuga and Chambourcin plus their signature Four Petals and Dogwood Crush blends.
- Clovelly Vineyards - Continuing a tradition of producing wines 100% from grapes grown on their Chester River vineyard, Clovelly will be presenting their newly released Vidal Blanc 2015 and Traminette 2015.
- Triple Creek Winery- Open since last summer, the Spies family winery specializes in fun events at their Cordova winery and in robust reds crafted by family winemaker Corey Spies who trained as assistant winemaker at St. Michaels Winery.
The Trail wineries will be pouring and selling their wines from 10 a.m. through 5 p.m. at the Saturday event. All wines will be available for purchase by the glass, bottle or case. Want to experience more? Crow Vineyard & Winery, Clovelly Vineyards and Dove Valley will also be at the Sunday Wine & Craft Beer Tasting event held at Wilmer Park, Sunday May 29th 12 p.m. – 4 p.m.
For more information on the Chestertown Tea Party Festival events visit